Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Blues Traveler at WPPI

I had an awesome opportunity to enjoy a performance from Blues Traveler, front and center at the MGM Grand Arena in fabulous Las Vegas. The concert came as part of the annual convention put on by Wedding and Portrait Photographers International (WPPI). Not only were we treated to an awesome show, but since I had made friends that week with photographer Jacquelynn Buck, I also received early admission and a complimentary cocktail hour. Fancy stuff! She had won the early-bird prize that day and invited me along. Thank you, Jackie : ) I hope you'll check out her work, too. Based in Southern Georgia, she is a 'photographer on a journey,' as she puts it, and specializes in truly unique portrait work.

Here's a few favorites from the show. Please head on over and become a fan of Jason Barrett Photography on Facebook to see more!



Bassist Tad Kinchla got most of my attention, as he was both incredibly awesome and incredibly close.


Jon Popper belts out the vocal, with guitarist Chan Kinchla in the background and drummer Brendan Hill on the video wall.


View from the front row - being that this was a photography convention, seemingly everyone became a rock photographer for a night!


The definition of Rock and Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Facebook

Followers