Sunday, July 21, 2013

T Time

I'll admit it. I'm a Mad T Party fanboy.

In general when a really great band comes to town, I've got to get out to see them. I love love love the concert-going experience. I love the energy of crowds that are joined together to cheer on the performance. I crave the musicianship. I devour the pageantry. I...Am...Music!

Having easy access to Disney California Adventure, I've been seeing plenty of performances lately by the Mad T Party band. This Alice in Wonderland themed entertainment offering was added to the Hollywood Backlot as a replacement to ElecTRONica, which offered Guests an opportunity to see what life would be like within the game grid of TRON. Prior to that, Disney California Adventure first got into the nightlife business with the 2010 debut of Glow Fest. But Glow Fest was just the tip of the iceberg. It was all leading to this. It was heading for T Time!

Recently I decided to bring my camera with me for a performance, and am happy to share some of my favorite images. The band itself is comprised of many talented musicians and singers, many of whom perform all throughout Disneyland and also pop up with other acts all over the south land. I'm fanboying out, it's true, but I'm really enjoying getting to see these amazing performers do what they do best, and getting to know their individual spirits along the way!

The White Rabbit, on the ones and twos

Who knew bass playing rabbits wore furry Dr. Martin's!?

The Cheshire Cat looking directly into my soul, as cats will do

I caught Alice looking in my direction a moment before she took to the stage


Alice, and her bright-smiling reflection


I really enjoyed this happy accident - an Alice and Hatter visual mash up


Dormouse gets in on the reflection fun




This Girl is On Fire!



Alice gets down with the Caterpillar



Alice Shreds!!!







Next time you're visiting Disney California Adventure, stick around and see for yourself what it's like in Wonderland. Now, don't forget...use the buttons below this post and SHARE these images with your friends!

1 comment:

  1. Jason, Please rename the caption with Alice's reflection, "Alice through the looking glass." I know it is a little on the nose, but you must! Sorry, huge Lewis Carroll fan here.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Facebook

Followers