Wednesday, February 9, 2011

OC Music Awards - Best Acoustic, Night Six



Night Six!! Really?! No way, that has to be a mistake...right? The OC Music Awards showcases are already waning, though it seems like they began only yesterday. Night six was yet another great acoustic performance, featuring five up and coming talents - Justin Soileau, Micah Brown, Parker Macy Blues, Danny Maika, and FoxxHound - as they battled ahead to attempt a spot in the Best Live Acoustic Finals, which will take place at the Fullerton Museum on Thursday, February 24th.

I learned a lot this evening, as it happens. First, it's nice to have friends at your side. I was pleased to have company tonight with my friends Rico and Eric. Rico has a brand new camera, and was excited to join me to try his hand at live band photography. I also learned that it is more difficult than it appears to navigate a filled-to-capacity coffee shop in order to get into prime shooting position - helps to have friends in this case, too. After all, there's safety in numbers when you have to shove your way up to the front. Finally, I learned that there are two different Gypsy Dens in Orange County, and if you wanted to see live music on this fine Tuesday, you weren't going to find it back down at the Anti Mall (home to the other Gypsy Den). So after the drive back up from Costa Mesa to Santa Ana, I was a bit tardy arriving tonight and, as a result, missed Justin Soileau's set entirely. I was bummed, but I hope to catch him next time around.

Please enjoy some of my favorite shots from tonight...and be sure to tell your friends who perform live - Jason Barrett Photography is available for hire, and ready to capture their live energy as well!


Micah Brown










Parker Macy Blues














Danny Maika












FoxxHound











The OC Music Awards Showcase continues next Tuesday with the Best Live Bands, night seven, at the Slide Bar in Fullerton, CA. Two of my recent favorites, Echo Echo and Stereofix will be playing. Make plans to check them out, won't you?

1 comment:

  1. dude! I had fun shooting with ya :) you gott'em all, a true representation of each performer that night.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Facebook

Followers